2014/04/15

An Improvement Suggestion on Evernote Sorting Feature

As one of the non-testing tools, Evernote deserves a honorable mention of the best and fantastic tool helpful for my everyday work and life.

Right recently, I noticed the tool has a flaw, or more precisely , its sorting feature needs to be improved. Currently, Evernote only allows a global sorting, i.e., your sorting settings will automatically apply to all your notes, but it is impossible to have different sorting settings for your individual notes.

Apparently, not all notes deserve the same order. For example, My Weather Alerts notes received from IFTTT are better to be sorted by Updated with Reverse order, and meanwhile, I'd like my technical notes to be sorted in an alphabetic order, that will be more convenient for me to scroll and locate the target note.

So a ticket issued to the Evernote Support team, and hopefully they will return with some positive feedback.

======

Update on 2014-04-18:

Cool. My suggestion on sorting feature was accepted by Evernote and will be put in production with its next release. So Evernote users will be able to make different sorting settings for individual notebooks.



No comments: